Madagascar Coconut and Vanilla Shrimp
If you want to travel to Madagascar with your taste buds, try making this recipe that contains all the flavours of the island!
- 24 large shrimps deveined and peeled
- Vegetable oil or butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp of grated fresh ginger
- 6 tbsp of crushed tomatoes
- 400 ml of coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean or 2 tsp of vanilla powder
- 2 tsp of turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil or butter in a large pan and add onions and cook 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add shrimp, garlic and ginger and sauté until shrimp turns pink
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk, turmeric and vanilla and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Serves 4 people