Vanilla Bundt Cake
On a cold day, you want to curl up on the sofa with a comforting cake. This classic vanilla bundt cake is the perfect treat to enjoy with your favourite hot drink. This pretty holiday dessert is so simple to make!
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 10-cup bundt pan or two 8-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add 1 cup of all purpose flour, along with baking powder and salt, into the sugar mixture and stir to combine. Stir in 1/2 of the milk, followed by another cup of flour. Stir in the remaining milk, followed by the rest of the flour. Mix until no streaks of dry ingredients remain but do not overmix.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, or with only a few moist crumbs attached.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cooled, drizzle with vanilla frosting.
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 tbsp butter, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp milk
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, butter, vanilla and 2 tbsp of milk until smooth. If necessary, whisk in an additional tablespoon of milk to thin frosting to a drizzle-able consistency.
- Drizzle on cooled cake.