Vanilla Sugar Crepes
Having gone to a French school in Madagascar, we learned to make crepes when we were kids, and these Vanilla Sugar Crêpes are inspired from a childhood recipe. This foolproof recipe is easy to make and delicious! Using Pure Vanilla Sugar is a great way to elevate the classic "Crêpes au sucre".
- 3 cups of 2% milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of butter melted
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- Pure Vanilla Sugar
- In a blender, mix the milk, eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract and sugar.
- Add flour and mix until smooth.
- Butter and heat a crepe pan or an 8-inch non-stick pan at medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the center of the pan. Tilt/twirl the pan so the batter stretches as far as it will go. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the crepe is set and has a light brown colour. Cook the other side for about 30-45 seconds until set. Transfer the cooked crepe to a large plate and repeat with the remaining batter. Butter the pan between each crepe if needed.
- Sprinkle the crepe with vanilla sugar. Serve with berries, if desired.
Recipe makes approximately 12 crepes.